LIM BUYING GUIDE
At lim we are proud of our craftsmanship and value the product we supply. Our furniture is handcrafted in Cape Town and is not flat packed. Are you considering ordering a piece of furniture off our website?
Please check pricing as currently we are experiencing major increase in raw material and cannot guarantee prices.
Please check availability should you require immediate delivery as not all items are in stock. If not in stock, our manufacturing lead time is 6 – 8 weeks.
We offer customization of our standard range, please contact us with your specific requirement. Customized orders require a 50% deposit which is subject to forfeiture should the order be cancelled prior to completion.
DELIVERY IN SOUTH AFRICA
We use the services of Campos Transport outside of Cape Town. Once manufacturing is complete they collect on Friday and deliver to your door between 7 and 10 working days depending on location. All items are insured and in the unlikely event of damage in transit, it will be returned to Lim for assessment.
Please advise lim if your estate has restrictions on size of delivery vehicle and access to your home in respect of large pieces of furniture. lim cannot be held responsible if the delivery service cannot deliver to you in the event of either of the above.
All orders are crated professionally and fumigated. Please contact us for a crating and shipping quote to your destination. The quote will include the shipping charges, but excludes all import duties and clearing charges at the port of destination.
- Lim furniture is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship, other than defects that are within accepted industry norms, for 6 months from the date of purchase
- Your claim under this warranty is to be exercised within 24 hours by your written report of the defect
- If the product is found to be defective upon inspection by a lim representative and the original invoice is supplied, the defective part will be repaired or replaced at no charge or refunded
- This applies only if such defective product was subject to normal DOMESTIC use and for the purpose for which it was intended and perfectly handled, stored, installed and maintained in accordance with industry standards. It does not apply to items used for commercial purposes
- The limited warranty is for the repair or replacement of the defective component only, it does not cover transportation costs, labour on site, nor any damaged product due to abuse, neglect or misuse
- It does not cover normal wear and tear and deterioration from normal use during the standard life of the product. This includes chipping on edges, scratches, dents, staining from pens, rubber, candle wax, wine, food, liquids, or any perfumed product, the use of abrasive or corrosive products, colour variation due to artificial lighting or UV rays and water damage
PLEASE NOTE that products purchased at a marked down price are not subject to return.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
For all Lim furniture, protection from heat, moisture and UV exposure is crucial to the longevity of your furniture. To help prevent scratches, use adhesive felt pads, coasters, placemats and avoid sliding objects across the surface of the piece when possible.
Dry moisture or liquids immediately.
Direct contact with pens, rubber, candle wax, wine, food or any perfumed product will leave a stain and damage most furniture surfaces.
Wood may expand and contract with seasonal variances. Maintain constant humidity levels to prevent warping or cracking.
Air, artificial light and UV will over time change the natural colour of wood and sprayed surfaces.
Rotate items on any surface for uniform ageing and colour development.
Lighter woods tend to yellow and dark woods lighten with age.
Do not drag furniture that has legs as they may crack or break off if on tiled or uneven floors.
LACQUER, PAINT & METAL SURFACES
Dry dust with a clean microfiber or feather duster. Wipe with a damp cloth and mild cleaner as needed.
Wipe dry immediately.
Do not use cleaning products containing ammonia, alcohol, bleach or petroleum – instead use a general purpose wood cleaner.
Avoid using furniture polish as over time it can accumulate and leave a residue.
WAX & OIL FINISH
While dry dusting is the best cleaning method, you may use a slightly damp cloth as needed. Wipe dry immediately.
Do not use cleaning products containing ammonia, alcohol, bleach or petroleum instead use a general purpose wood cleaner. You may re-apply wax or oil as needed using a soft white cloth.
Dry dust with a clean microfibre or feather duster. Use a damp cloth or soft brush as needed.
Do not use any product containing wax or oil to clean.
Outdoor furniture may require frequent oiling and/or washing of steel.
A cover is strongly recommended for all outdoor furniture.
Avoid prolonged exposure to moisture and/or direct sunlight.
MARBLE & STONE SURFACES
Honed surfaces are not sealed and will stain.
Use a soft cloth to clean.
Do not use acids or solvents on the tops.
Tops are polished and sealed but staining my occur.
Use a soft cloth to clean with soap and water.
A light waxing with Cobra Wax CLEAR is advisable as needed.
Do not use acids or solvent on the top as it will corrode concrete.
FABRIC & LEATHER
Professional cleaning is recommended, except in the case of prewashed loose covers, which may be washed at a maximum of 30 degrees with a mild detergent, no tumble drying.
MIRRORS & GLASS
Backs of mirrors may be damaged by moisture/humidity.
Use a soft cloth to clean with a commercial glass cleaner and wipe dry.