LIM BUYING GUIDE
At lim we are proud of our craftsmanship and value the product we supply. Our furniture is handcrafted in Cape Town and may be shipped locally and abroad. Are you considering ordering a piece of furniture off our website? Please check availability should you require immediate delivery as not all items are in stock. If not in stock, our manufacturing lead time is 6 – 8 weeks.
We offer customization of our standard range, please contact us with your specific requirement. Customized orders require a 50% deposit which is subject to forfeiture should the order be cancelled prior to completion.
DELIVERY IN SOUTH AFRICA
We use the services of Campos Transport outside of Cape Town. Once manufacturing is complete they collect on Friday and deliver to your door between 7 and 10 working days depending on location. All items are insured and in the unlikely event of damage in transit, it will be returned to Lim for assessment.
All orders are crated professionally and fumigated. Please contact us for a crating and shipping quote to your destination. The quote will include the shipping charges, but excludes all import duties and clearing charges at the port of destination.
- Lim furniture is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship, other than defects that are within accepted industry norms, for 6 months from the date of purchase
- Your claim under this warranty is to be exercised within 24 hours by your written report of the defect
- If the product is found to be defective upon inspection by a lim representative and the original invoice is supplied, the defective part will be repaired or replaced at no charge or refunded
- This applies only if such defective product was subject to normal DOMESTIC use and for the purpose for which it was intended and perfectly handled, stored, installed and maintained in accordance with industry standards. It does not apply to items used for commercial purposes
- The limited warranty is for the repair or replacement of the defective component only, it does not cover transportation costs, labour on site, nor any damaged product due to abuse, neglect or misuse
- It does not cover normal wear and tear and deterioration from normal use during the standard life of the product. This includes chipping on edges, scratches, dents, staining from pens, rubber, candle wax, wine, food, liquids, or any perfumed product, the use of abrasive or corrosive products, colour variation due to artificial lighting or UV rays and water damage
PLEASE NOTE that products purchased at a marked down price are not subject to return.
IN GENERAL, ALL FURNITURE SURFACES ARE NOT:
- resistant to impact, heat or UV exposure
- impervious to moisture and liquids and may result in staining or discoloration
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- use coasters, placemats, and trivets to protect all surfaces and dry moisture or liquids immediately
- do not drag sharp or rough surfaces across furniture, use placemats, coasters and trivets to prevent scratching
- direct contact with pens, rubber, candle wax, wine, food or any perfumed product will leave a stain on most furniture surfaces
- wood may expand and contract with seasonal variances. Maintain constant humidity levels to prevent warping or cracking
- air, artificial light and UV will over time change the natural colour of wood and sprayed surfaces
- rotate items on any surface for uniform ageing and colour development
- lighter woods tend to yellow and dark wood lightens with age
- do not drag furniture that has legs as they may crack or break off if on tiled or uneven floors
- raw unsealed wood use a soft cloth for dusting or commercial sanding block to remove any dirty marks. Will yellow with age
- sprayed or stained wood use a soft damp cloth as needed and wipe dry. Do not use cleaning products containing ammonia, alcohol or petroleum. Avoid furniture polish as it accumulates and leaves a residue over time
- oiled or wax wood surfaces use a soft damp cloth as needed and wipe dry. If wood appears dry use commercial furniture oil or wax following the grain of the wood and remove excess and buff with a clean cloth
- regular dusting with soft cloth or soapy water to remove any marks
- use a soft damp cloth to clean and wipe dry. Do not use any ammonia, alcohol or petroleum based products
- for spot cleaning use a solution of water and a mild detergent and wipe dry
- do not use any metallic scourers or coarse abrasive powders
- use a soft damp cloth to clean and wipe dry and when necessary a commercial metal polish may be applied
- outdoor furniture should be washed down regularly with a mild detergent and a metal polish applied to prevent any oxidization
- rain, dust and salt will cause contamination over time
EPOXY COATED STEEL
- do not use any metallic scourers or coarse abrasive powders
- use a soft damp cloth to clean and wipe dry
- outdoor furniture should be washed down regularly with a mild detergent
MARBLE & STONE SURFACES
- honed surfaces are not sealed and will stain
- use a soft cloth to clean
- do not use acids or solvents on the tops
- tops are polished and sealed but staining may occur
- use a soft cloth to clean with soap and water
- a light waxing with Cobra Wax CLEAR is advisable as needed
- do not use acids or solvents on the top as it will corrode concrete
FABRIC & LEATHER
- professional cleaning is recommended, except in the case of pre-washed loose covers which may be washed at a maximum of 30 degrees with a mild detergent, no tumble drying
MIRROR & GLASS
- backs of mirrors may be damaged by moisture
- use a soft cloth to clean with a commercial glass cleaner and wipe dry
Mobicred is a convenient credit facility that allows you to buy the items you love online at www.lim.co.za today.
How it works:
New Mobicred users:
- First, you’ll need to register on Mobicred’s website and complete your application (your application may take up to 2 business days to process).
- Once approved, you can return to lim.co.za and pay for your items using Mobicred.
- If you need your items immediately, please select a different payment method as we can’t guarantee that your items will still be in stock when you return.
Existing Mobicred users:
- Select Mobicred as your payment option during checkout.
- Log in using your Mobicred username and password.
- Enter the one-time pin (OTP) that will be sent to your mobile phone.
- Confirm and pay.
Your Mobicred account will be debited and we will send you a confirmation email of your order.